Overkoepelend instituut: Polar Environmental Centre|
Polar Environmental Center
Tel.: +47-(0)77-75 03 00
Fax: +47-(0)77-75 03 01
|| Top | Instituut | Projecten | Evenement | Datasets |
- Dahle, Salve
- Emblow, Chris
- Falk-Petersen, Jannike
- Halsband-Lenk, Claudia
- Larsen, Lars-Henrik
- Matthys, Catherine
- Palerud, Rune
- Pearson, Tom
- Renaud, Paul
- Velvin, Roger
|Geassocieerd aan een deelinstituut (5)
- Carroll, Mike
- Cochrane, Sabine
- Kiel Jensen, Louise
- Kögeler, Jos
- Muylle, Walewein
|Know-how on aquaculture and aquatic environments
Akvaplan-niva, one of northern Europe's largest independent companies, provides services in environmental and aquaculture consultancy and research.
Akvaplan-niva conducts a variety of environmental monitoring studies, impact assessments (EIA), risk analyses (ERA) and research projects related to climate change, pollution and biodiversity. Our main clients are the international oil and gas industry and authorities and organisations with interests in arctic marine and freshwater environments.
Within aquaculture the main clients are the aquaculture industry and the national and international research agencies. Akvaplan-niva provides consultancy related to planning, design and management of production facilities, as well as stream lining aquaculture techniques for marine species, and implementation of research results into commercial production.
Quality and flexibility are trademarks of Akvaplan-niva. Our staff and laboratories are internationally accredited for environmental sampling, analyses and data interpretation, and for technical inspections of aquaculture facilities.
Akvaplan-niva cooperates with other companies and institutes in the NIVA group and other scientific institutes.
We have carried out a large number of aquaculture and environmental projects in Norway, Russia and other European countries, Asia, the Middle-East and South America.
Akvaplan-niva has its headquarters at the Polar Environmental Centre in Tromsø (Norway) with department offices elsewhere in Norway, France, Iceland and Spain. In Russia we are represented through our subsidiary company Akvaplan-niva Barents.
|| Top | Personen | Instituut | Evenement | Datasets |
- BIOMARE: Implementation and networking of large-scale long-term marine biodiversity research in Europe
- LargeNet: Large scale and long term Networking on the observation of Global Change and its impact on Marine Biodiversity
- MarBEF: Marine Biodiversity and Ecosystem Functioning - EU Network of Excellence
- MARBENA: Creating a long term infrastructure for marine biodiversity research in the European Economic Area and the Newly Associated States
- MarPace: Marine Propagation Along the Coasts of Europe
- NSBP: North Sea Benthos Project
|| Top | Personen | Instituut | Projecten | Evenement |
- Benthic fauna around Franz Josef Land
- Benthic Fauna in the Barents Sea
- Benthic fauna in the Kara Sea
- Benthic fauna in the Pechora Sea
- Benthic fauna of Spitsbergen fjords
- Benthos baseline survey, Faeroes
- Environmental survey in the Isfjorden complex
- Environmental survey, Malenebugten
- Macrobenthos from the Norwegian waters
- Marine Life List of Ireland
- North Sea monitoring (a)
- North Sea monitoring (b)
- Northern Norway 33 coastal projects
- NSBP: North Sea Benthos Project
- Offshore ref. stations, North/Norwegian sea
- Offshore reference stations (Finnmark)
- Offshore reference stations, Norwegian/Barents Sea
- Southern Norway 4 coastal projects